Russia v Slovakia – Group B – 2pm (BBC) – 15.06.16 – Stade Pierre Mauroy, Lille
Russia required a 93rd minute Vasili Berezutski goal against England to paper over the cracks of a rather underwhelming performance. However, boosted by the late strike, they can enter this match with Slovakia hopeful of securing a result against a side that looked lost at times against Chris Coleman’s Wales.
Slovakia will have a point to prove and, as demonstrated in Saturday’s loss, cannot afford to take their foot off the gas against a Russia team that sit a point ahead of them in the group.
Marek Hamisk will again be the dangerman for Slovakia but Russian striker Artem Dyzuba will be confident of his chances against a nervy Martin Skrtel.
Both teams will have to take this game by the scruff of the neck as their final games are against the two group favourites in Wales and England respectively, so we are expecting there to be goals.
Recommendation: Over 2.5 goals at 2.25
Max bet £/€5 | Winnings Paid as free bets| Plus £/€5 free bet if your bet loses
Match Specials – Click to play
- This will be the first time Russia have taken on Slovakia in the European Championship, although they have met twice previously in qualifying for the tournament, each claiming a 1-0 away victory.
- Russia’s squad team is the second oldest team participating in Euro 2016 after Ireland. The average age of the players is 28.8 years.
- Slovakia have not lost back-to-back matches since October 2013
- Slovakia are without a goal in 243 minutes against Russia. They have scored only one goal in their last four games versus Russia.
- Russia have kept just two clean sheets in their last 16 games at the Euro finals.
- Russia have recorded just one victory in their last six matches